PSALM 28:1-2, 6-9 | Sing Psalms | Tune - Walton
- Adoration (Praising God for who He is)
- Confession (Confessing our sins to God)
- Thanksgiving (Giving thanks to God for all He has given and continues to give)
- Supplication (Pleading His help, presence, and power – especially for the people of God on the Lord’s Day)
CONFESSION OF FAITH
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
SCRIPTURE READING | Genesis 50:15-26, Hebrews 11:22
RECORDED SERMON | “The Focus of Faith.” | Rev. Paul Gibson
The sermon should publish here in time for worship at 11am. It will also be available at this link - www.sermonaudio.com
- God would pour out His Spirit, granting repentance, faith and zeal for His glory as the word is preached on the Lord’s Day.
- Those attending Christianity Explored would be blessed with faith in Christ.
- Those who have become unemployed as a result of Covid-‐19 would find work.
- The Government would protect the freedom of the Christian religion in Scotland and continue to uphold the church’s liberty to govern its own affairs under God.
- Teachers and pupils would be refreshed and rested over the summer and that there wouldn’t be any further disruption to the school curriculum.
- The people of Hong Kong would retain a freedom of speech and that the church in China would remain strong and be protected in the face of increasing persecution by the Communist regime.
- Adam would know God’s blessing and help as he continues to preach the gospel in Central Asia.
- Caroline would be safe and refreshed as she returns home from overseas.
- Our Minister, Paul, would be refreshed and well rested during two weeks of annual leave.
PSALM 105:1-3, 37-45 | Sing Psalms | Tune - Walther
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” Romans 15:13