PSALM 27: 1-4 | Sing Psalms | Tune: Argyle
- Adoration (Praising God for who He is and what He is like/His attributes),
- Confession (Confessing our sins to God)
- Thanksgiving (Giving thanks to God for all He has given and continues to give)
- Supplication (Requesting His help, presence, leading and provision – especially for the people of God in our time of worship on the Lord’s Day)
CONFESSION OF SIN
“Our God and Saviour, We come before you today as foolish sheep whose natural inclination is to wander far from you. You have set your love upon us, chosen us, and saved us, but we find it hard to trust you and often choose instead to run to our own wisdom and understanding. You lead us in green pastures for your own name’s sake, but we reject the feast that you lay before us and try frantically to fill ourselves up with things that cannot satisfy. You lead us by still waters to restore our souls, yet we recklessly dabble with strong currents of temptation and are easily swept away by torrents of sinful cravings. Have mercy upon us, we pray. Create in us a pure heart and renew a right spirit with us. Forgive our many sins and lead us in the everlasting way, in Jesus’s Name, Amen.”
ASSURANCE OF GOD’S PARDON
“But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5
SCRIPTURE READING | Revelation: 3:14-22
RECORDED SERMON | “Laodicea: The Lukewarm Church.” | Rev. Paul Gibson
- God would grant the grace of repentance and faith to many as they hear the word proclaimed on the Lord’s Day.
- God would grant spiritual revival and renewal to His church, including our own denomination.
- Our online Christianity Explored course would be well attended and that many would come to know Christ as their Saviour and Lord through this.
- Our Government would come to fear the Lord and be wise and united in its decision making.
- God would sustain and bless Doctors and Nurses in the NHS and throughout the world.
- Those living in difficult and vulnerable conditions would be protected and kept safe from harm.
- The forces of darkness at works against Christians in Burkina Faso and elsewhere would be driven back and that the gospel would flourish in these hostile lands.
- Rev. Suraj Kasula would be blessed and sustained in his ministry in Nepal and see great fruit from his labours.
- Rev. David Macpherson would adjust well to life in Peru and see much fruit from His labours.
PSALM 51:10-19 | Sing Psalms | Tune: Ottawa
“Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever, Amen.”