PSALM 100:1-5 | Sing Psalms | Tune - Diademata
- Adoration (Praising God for who He is and what He is like/His attributes),
- Confession (Confessing our sins to God)
- Thanksgiving (Giving thanks to God for all He has given and continues to give)
- Supplication (Requesting His help, presence, leading and provision – especially for the people of God in our time of worship on the Lord’s Day)
CONFESSION OF SIN
“Our Father, as we come to worship you this day, we confess that in recent days we have not presented our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to you. We have entertained impure thoughts, been sharp with our tongues, desired that which is evil in your sight and even done things which do not accord with your holy commandments. Have mercy on us, we pray. Grant us the grace of true repentance, a grief and hatred for sin and a renewed desire to do all things in a manner worthy of the gospel. For we ask this in the name of Christ, our Lord, Amen."
ASSURANCE OF GOD’S PARDON
“In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his Only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”
1 John 4:9-10
SCRIPTURE READING | Genesis 4:1-16, Hebrews 11:1-4
RECORDED SERMON | “The Worship Faith Produces.” | Rev. Paul Gibson
The sermon should automatically publish here in time for worship at 11am. It will also be available at this link - www.sermonaudio.com
- God would grant the grace of repentance and faith to many as they hear the word proclaimed on the Lord’s Day.#
- Those attending our online Christianity Explored course would come to know Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- God would grant spiritual revival and renewal to His church throughout the world.
- Christians in Nigeria would be comforted and strengthened as they face terrible persecution at the hands of Islamic militants.
- Muslims celebrating Ramadan would come to see the emptiness of their works-based religion and their great need for the only Saviour of sinners.
- Those who attacked Christian communities in Burkina Faso recently would be brought to justice, that the church would be strengthened and the gospel flourish throughout the land.
- The Presbyterian Church of Central India would receive financial aid and spiritual blessing in days of great weakness.
- Pastor Zhao Huaiguo, who has been imprisoned in China since March 14th, would be strong in the Lord and reunited with his wife and family.
PSALM 96(b):1-9 | Sing Psalms | Tune - Stockport
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him,”