PSALM 63:1-8 | Sing Psalms | Tune - Crasselius
- Adoration (Praising God for who He is and what He is like/His attributes),
- Confession (Confessing our sins to God)
- Thanksgiving (Giving thanks to God for all He has given and continues to give)
- Supplication (Requesting His help, presence, leading and provision – especially for the people of God in our time of worship on the Lord’s Day)
CONFESSION OF SIN
“Our Loving Heavenly Father, You alone are the Creator and Sustainer of all things. It is our great privilege to live under your omnipotence, righteousness, wisdom, mercy and grace. You love us better than any we could ever know here on earth, and we stand in awe of your power and commitment to cherish us. Yet even though we have tasted your goodness, we are people who would rather trust in ourselves. We place our hope in our own talents and abilities, in relationships with people we admire and love, in our jobs and good health, in our economic value and academic abilities. Forgive us, we pray, for the sin of pride and unbelief and cause us to see that all of our hope is found in who You are and in what You have done. Strengthen our faith and help us to live lives worthy of the name of Christ, for we pray in His name, Amen."
ASSURANCE OF GOD’S PARDON
“For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience form dead works to serve the living God.” Hebrews 9:13-14
SCRIPTURE READING | Romans 3:21-26; Hebrews 11:1-3
RECORDED SERMON | “What is Faith?” | Rev. Paul Gibson
The sermon should automatically publish here in time for worship at 11am. It will also be available at this link - www.sermonaudio.com
- God would grant the grace of repentance and faith to many as they hear the word proclaimed on the Lord’s Day.
- God would grant spiritual revival and renewal to His church, including our own denomination.
- Our Government would come to fear the Lord and honour His word.
- Those attending our online Christianity Explored course would come to know Christ.
- The witness of Christians in Nigeria would be strengthened and blessed as they face terrible persecution at the hands of Islamic militants.
- Pastor Zhao Huaiguo, who has been imprisoned in China since March 14th, would be strong in the Lord and reunited with his wife and family.
- The Scottish Govt. would not restrict or even deny freedom of speech under the auspices of “hate crime” legislation.
PSALM 40:1-5 | Sing Psalms | Tune - Walton
Now to him who Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.