PSALM 103: 1-11 | Sing Psalms | Tune: Before the throne of God above
- Adoration (Praising God for who He is and what He is like/His attributes),
- Confession (Confessing our sins to God)
- Thanksgiving (Giving thanks to God for all He has given and continues to give)
- Supplication (Requesting His help, presence, leading and provision – especially for the people of God in our time of worship on the Lord’s Day)
CONFESSION OF FAITH | Heidelberg Catechism
- Question 1: What is your only comfort in life and death?
- Answer: “That I am not my own, but belong with body and soul, both in life and in death, to my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ. He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood, and has set me free from all the power of the devil. He also preserves me in such a way that without the will of my Heavenly Father not a hair can fall from my head; Indeed, all things must work together for my salvation. Therefore, by his Holy Spirit he also assures me of eternal life and makes me heartily willing and ready from now on to live for him.”
SCRIPTURE READING | Mark 15:1-16:8
RECORDED SERMON | “The only hope for a dying world.” | Rev. Paul Gibson
- God would grant the grace of repentance and faith to many throughout the world as they hear the gospel proclaimed on the Lord’s Day.
- Our online Christianity Explored course would be well attended in May and June and that many would come to know Christ as their Saviour and Lord through this.
- The days we are living in would cause all believers to be humble before God and repent of our sins – in the church at large, as a denomination, and in our own lives.
- Our Prime Minister would continue to make good progress in his recovery, come to believe the gospel and that he and other politicians would turn our country from so many evil ways.
- God would sustain, preserve and grant skill to Doctors and Nurses in the NHS and throughout the world who are become overwhelmed by the scale of illness they are having to deal with.
- The Councils of Edinburgh and Glasgow would realise the error of their intolerance, having cancelled the Franklin Graham and Destiny Church conferences in recent months.
- Those in Burkina Faso who are translating the bible into Birafor would have all the resources they need and that the church would be strengthened in the face of many dangers.
- The church in Burma would be comforted and strengthened, following the murder of 21 Christians by the military last month.
- The White family would know God’s comfort and peace as they mourn the loss of a dear Husband, Father and Grandfather
PRAISE | In Christ Alone
In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.
In Christ alone! - who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.
There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
“For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”